Sunday 10 July 2011

Pre-season. Fun. (ENGLAND)

A quick message about my relaunch. Last posts were hideous and no-one read them but hopefully now, I will be able to inspire, engage and brighten your days!




So, it's gotten to the stage during the summer (first week of July) when I'm desperately watching Championship review on Sky for any dose of football I can get my hands on. However Oxford  did win 6 - 0 against Didcot yesterday - I didn't go.


Pittman (x2)
Payne
Potter
Smalley (p)
Woodley


That is enough to maybe last the weekend, however what am I supposed to do except play excessive amounts of FIFA?




This is where our wonderfully over-rated, underachieving and rubbishly selected national side come in. Now, call me naive, but I'm honestly very happy with the new players coming through the ranks. This is shown by our U17 and U21 recent achievements. 
However the young players aren't picked in the big tournaments because "they don't have enough experience". Well how about fucking playing them? Honestly! Don't just start an U21 side because experienced heads need to be in the mix, but about 1/3 of our U21 side could probably fight there way into the first 16

Hart

Kelly     Terry     Ferdinand     Cole

Wilshere

     Johnson                                                  Young
Gerrard     Rooney

Carroll

Green, Jones, Smalling, Henderson, Lampard, Albrighton, Sturridge

Now that, is just a personal opinion of mine and doesn't even include Parker, Downing, Defoe, Bent, Walker, Johnson, Gibbs, Rodwell or even Gareth 'fuck sake' Barry.

But that is my final point, we generally don't have the quality. Which England players would the best countries clamour for? Rooney? Cole? Young? Ferdinand? Hart?

It stops after Cole. So if that is the case, why are we not giving our younger players experience? Why don't we play with Henderson, Wilshere, Kelly, Sturridge and Carroll? They're our future, our current set haven't lived up to their standards and aren't getting any better so if we're to have any chance surely we need to let this new generation gel.


Right, I've probably left you even more bored than when you started. Tweet me @oxbeav, comment or message me in some form.

No comments:

Post a Comment